Monday 2 May 2011

The new family VW - R36!

NEW


After siding with the wife on our last car purchase, it was time for the EOS to go.


OLD


Now that we had a child, the logical choice was a wagon or soft roader. Soft roader was out, as we already own one, so wagon it was. When considering wagons I really only looked at the Subaru Liberty and VW Passat. I was keen to stick with VW due to their engine / transmission and technology advances. I particularly like the DSG transmission and 2.0tfsi engine combination, as found in the Golf GTI. Selection of the R36 was made a whole lot easier by the wife... I want the blue wagon, referring to the Biscay Blue R36.


After doing a lot of reading on VWWatercooled forum I decided the R36 was definitely the way to go and even found a dealer in ACT willing to negotiate more favourably than those in VIC.


I can highly recommend the team at Gerald Slaven, who provided the car, a welcome kit & spare 1ltr oil. Those of you in the know, will understand the oil!


For all VW Passat related information see VWWatercooled

No comments:

Post a Comment