So hubbie has requested that I identify myself in this blog as I have interjected a few previous posts with my commentary - he feels this may have confused readers & for this we apologise. He is the tech-head & details man; I am the design/aesthetic one...hope that explains a few things.
And so now I will go on to say...when they say it is the cabinetry that makes a house, it is true!
As you know we put a lot of blood, sweat & tears into the design of every aspect & it has come up as beautiful as it is functional. Here are the top things we integrated into our cabinetry design which we loved:
1. J-scoop (or shadowline) handle-less cabinets throughout for a minimalist look (note: you will lose internal space so make sure you have sufficient storage before considering this)
2. Floating cabinetry for all bathrooms easy to clean & makes the room feel larger. We included led strip lighting beneath - real WOW factor!
3. BLUM tandembox soft-close mechanisms used to avoid little fingers getting hurt & no more slamming
4. Vinyl wrap for all cabintery - with young kids, this was the best choice as scratches can be buffed out & it won't chip, unlike 2Pac. We used Albedor, its slightly more expensive than the others but has the best write up in the industry.
5. Integrated Hafele waste bins
6. We designed drawers for 'tall items' in the bathroom & had the electrician install powerpoints hidden behind these drawers so electrical items could be permanently plugged in & hidden away
7. We raised the kitchen bench height to 950mm, this is just a personal preference (industry standard is 900mm)
8. We installed an AussieVac Vacusweep - automatic dustpan into the kickboard of our island bench
And here are some pics of the finished product...